Readiness is key for a military force. People and equipment need to be ready at a moment's notice for whatever mission is likely to arise, from combat to natural disasters to humanitarian missions. System failures simply can't be tolerated. Compact and portable machine condition monitoring equipment allows the military to ensure that its vehicles and machinery remain in ideal working condition.
When it comes to the armed forces, hydraulic fluid, oil, and other lubricants ensure that vehicles and machinery remain in ideal working condition. However, conducting machine condition monitoring while out in the field historically has been slow and expensive, as the lubricant sample often must be transported to a laboratory for analysis before the results can be returned to the field.
The slower process squanders precious time and money, and so the ability to perform lubricant analysis in the field offers several appealing advantages for military use. Spectro Scientific's oil analysis solutions offer military organizations around the world the ability to perform machine condition monitoring more quickly and efficiently with the compact and portable Spectroil MN-W. The only spectrometer that meets or exceeds the U.S. military's technical and performance requirements for the Joint Oil Analysis Program(JOAP) , this instrument provides a number of features and benefits, including
- Conforms to ASTM D6595 - "Standard Test Method for Determination of Wear Metals and Contaminants in Used Lubricating Oils or Used Hydraulic Fluids by Rotating Disc Electrode Atomic Emission Spectrometry"
- Provides an early warning of abnormal wear
- No sample preparation
- 30-second analysis time
- Bench-top and transportable
- Analyzes all elements simultaneously
- Simple to operate without special training or background
- Standard and readily available consumables
- Requires no special utilities or gases, only AC power
With Spectro Scientific's technology, designed for field use, our armed forces can move forward with the knowledge that their machinery remains safe and reliable with the help of efficient and cost-effective oil analysis.
To learn more about the SpectrOil product line, please read our white paper on Optical Emission Spectroscopy.